Skip to main content

Sandy Eggo

My best friend of 16 years is FINALLY getting married! I don't say that bc she's a loser and couldn't find anyone until now I say that because she has been with her fiancee for 10 years! DyAnna and Steve met at the Naval Academy in Annapolis in 2003. When they graduated they both were able to go to San Diego. DyAnna went on to work with the navy while Steve continued his schooling by going to medical school. I'm sure you can imagine navy relationships have to be hard enough with crazy hours, deployments and everyday stresses but throw med. school in the mix and it just gets crazier. They decided to wait until Steve graduated to get married. I waited so patiently for all these years for a date to be set and then finally we had a date! May 12,2013! When she told me it seemed like light years away, yet here it is already!! I can't tell you how much I love these 2! They are the power couple that you see together and you can just see how in love they are, you would think that they just started dating.

We are one month out from the wedding {which will be in Florida} so that means there had to be a bridal shower and bachelorette party! Being the maid of honor the planning fell on me which ended up being harder then I had anticipated. Mostly because we decided to have the party in San Diego and I obviously don't live there. Also I never in a million years saw myself being pregnant for her wedding or pre wedding events.
 
Temecula
Myself and another bridesmaid flew in to San Diego the day before the festivities started. On Saturday we met up with DyAnnas other friends and took off for Temecula! Wine tasting! A pregnant girls dream lol. I was actually really excited for this because I had never been and I wanted to see what it was all about. I didn't mind not being able to taste the wines. It was gorgeous out there! We were able to go to 3 vineyards {baileys, Mira monte and Briar Rose} we had lunch at Carols which was at Baileys. This was the bridal shower portion of the party. The girls got DyAnna gifts to pamper her including a full day at a number one spa in San Diego! We played a few fun little games such as "finish the vows" which ended up being pretty funny.
                                               Briar Rose Vineyard



Briar Rose (Cute little cottage)
Bailys
All the girls in Temcula
 
 
 
 
After Temecula we drove back to the hotel and got ready for the night. We went to Lips, its a dinner and show with men who dress up like women. It was interesting to say the least. I had a lot of questions, but it wasn't the kind of place that you could ask those questions.. lol They dance and do impressions. Cher was the hostess and she was pretty hilarious. Dyanna had a great time so that's all that mattered. 
 
 
 
DyAnna with our server Kiki
 
After the show we went back to the hotel and hung out. Unfortunately I was sick the whole weekend. I couldn't eat any of the delicious food and I was too pooped to go out that night.
Sunday I was really sick and just wanting to go home and go to bed. I was able to hang out with DyAnna that morning and then fly out in the afternoon. Even with the sickness it was still a great time! Any time I get to spend with that crazgirl is always great!
Jess, DyAnna, Me (sick and exhausted :o/)
So that was my weekend in a nutshell! Oh and when Jorge picked me up he had chocolate covered pretzels for me!(I couldn't eat them.. but I did later that week!) and he had the house completely spotless!
I'm lucky to have a best friend who is the same today as she was the day I met her 16 years ago. She's still just as fun, crazy, sweet and loving as ever before. I can't wait to see her get married in May!

Crazy DyAnna :o)
 

Comments