Skip to main content

My Journey to the 3~Day

My Ah~Mazing Team!
As many of you already know I am going to be walking 60 miles in 3 Days in November!! I am suuupper excited!!! There are 4 of us on a team.. each of us had to individually raise at lease $2300 in order to walk. Basically if you don't make the money... you don't walk. Sounds cruel but I understand the reasoning behind it.


Bunco for Boobs!

All summer my team and I have been doing fundraisers... Garage sales, a carwash, a night at Paul's Pub, Bunco, Bake sale and a awesome Pedicure Party! It has been sooo much fun! I have not minded doing it one bit!! It has been keeping me super busy but that's fine with me! We aren't done yet though!! Dillon's is putting on a PARTY IN PINK for us on Aug 25th where all tips will be donated to us! We will be doing another carwash and we are throwing a BIG Thank You BBQ for every single person who has helped us out in anyway!!!



In between fundraising we have been walking... 3 miles one day..then 5.. and the miles just keep going up. Kelly and I usually try to walk together but it can be hard.. I have walked alone a few times.. which I don't like but I survive.. I have also walked with Jorge, with my niece Alyssa, my cousin Yuri, My friends Stephanie and Lo. It's great to have that Support.


TWO of the best things that I have gotten out of this so far is

1~ I have the most amazing team.. not just the girls on my team but the support that I have gotten from so many people. I have made close friends throughout this.. so let me just say THANK YOU Stephanie Hull and Laura Wilhite.. even though you are not on our "Official Team" You have been the best team mates and the best support I could ask for! You have supported us from day one and been to almost every single event we have had. They have been our some of our biggest donors.. they have been there for us when we are down or need that extra push to keep going. You girls are soo great and I couldn't have done it..this far..without you!!




Stephanie, Lo, Kelly, Tessa


2~ The Survivors we have met along the way has been so inspirational and it reminds me why we are doing this. We have met men who have lost their wives to Breast cancer and it's such a sad terrible thing. Yet they are out getting the word out and supporting the cure for breast cancer as well. It's all so inspiring!!!




I know a lot of people may not understand why I am doing this.. and a lot of people may not care because they have never had to deal with Breast cancer or any kind in their family.. but 1 out of 8 woman in America will get Breast Cancer. It is so important to continue to fund and support finding a cue for all cancers. Too many people fall victim to cancer and it's not fun to watch a family member or friend go through chemo, or death because of it. You may not have money to give.. but just raising awareness is a HUGE help!!


Thank you to everyone who has supported me this far!!! You are alll so amazing and will be rewarded greatly!!!!

Comments