Skip to main content

One very long week...and Thomas the Train

So this past week was a bit of a crazy one. Last Sunday (Feb. 27th) Jorge got a call that they needed him in Texas...the whole state is on fire, so on Monday he took off to save the world. My hero ♥ !
We had planned a trip to Globe to see Thomas the Train for Gabe, so I was super bummed out all week trying to figure out what to do...
Drive up there and right back...
Drive up and stay the night at my sisters...
Drive up and stay in a hotel....
Uggg... decisions.....
On Thursday Gabe started acting kind of funny..like something was wrong, then the unexpected...he threw up...
The rest of the day he acted ok so I figured it was a fluke and we went on with our day.
On Thursday my good friend Trina was sweet enough to offer to let us stay with her on Sat. night! So we had a plan!
Friday Gabe woke up and was not feeling well.. he was laying around a lot, totally not like him and he had a temp.

I took him to the Dr. and sure enough he had a ear infection. Now I really didn't know what to do about Sat.
Take a sick kid...
Don't go...
What to do... by that night he seemed to be feeling a little better so the plan was A~GO. That morning we woke up at 4:30am went to my cousin Yuri's house and we loaded into my car.
Yuri, her husband Dennis, their son Levi and Yuri's mom and Dad. We fit perfectly!
Off we went..
We got to Globe and first thing we did was ride the train!


On the train!


 



Thomas!

Gabe didn't want to take a pic with Thomas..:o(

I think Gabe still was not feeling very well, he just wanted me to hold him and he wasn't really too interested in anything, even though he does Love Thomas.
He did love watching the trains race...

Levi and Gabe watching the train races

I got him a tattoo (Which is still on his face today, they are impossible to get off!)




Globe is a super cute little town. It reminded me of a mixture of Flagstaff and Bisbee. Very Historical


The Train Station
A old really cool museum


Headed back to the car
We headed to Mesa next... Yuri and Dennis got set up in their hotel (Which happened to be the very same hotel we stayed in when we did the 60 mile walk)

Then Miss Trina came and picked me and Gabe up! She took us to her parents house which is right on the edge of Fountain Hills and Scottsdale.
If you have never been to Fountain Hills I highly suggest you go! Trina informed me that they have the highest water fountain there. The houses are just RIDONK! Its beautiful!

Trina's parents house was just gorgeous, I felt like I was at a resort the whole time.
Gabe had a blast playing with the toys they had, and he watched Kung Fu Panda with Trina's dad.

Her parents were so sweet and made me feel right at home.

As the day went on my stomach started to feel weird and was very tight. It was finally time for dinner...which I had been waiting 2 days for...
Trina's family is Italian so I was so excited to eat some yummy homemade Italian food, but when the time came I just couldn't eat at all.
It was Horrible.
To have Delicious food sitting right in front of you and not being able to eat it at all.
I wanted to die!

Trina and I chatted all day and night and then Trina put me and Gabe to bed...
I went to bed super early because I was feeling so nauseous.

I was waking up all night long, feeling horrible. Finally I just couldn't do it anymore.
I went to the bathroom and it all came out...
I don't even know what IT was..all I had really eaten all day was Jack in the Box...(Gag me)
But I felt much better afterwards.
As the night went on Gabe would wake up and cry a little and go back to sleep.

This is the bad part...
I heard him wake up, he was on the left side of the bed...
he got up and I think he went to reach for me...
but he reached the wrong way.. before I could grab him...
eeekkkkkkkkkk
he was on the floor.
I felt sooo horrible my poor baby fell of the bed!
I just held him for the rest of the night..and kept telling him I was sorry.
Anytime your kid gets hurt or sick or anything bad happens you just feel HORRIBLE.

The next day we woke up and Trina took us back to the hotel.
I felt like we were such bad house guests, but it was so nice to spend time with her and to meet her mom and dad.
Mexican and Italian Families are definitely my favorites!

Right before we were about to get back into my car to head to Sierra Vista...
Gabe Threw up...
He already didn't have any pants because he had gotten poop all over them.. and now his pj's were ruined. 
Thank goodness for Tia Yuri and extra Jammie's!

Finally headed home. We stopped in Tucson for lunch, I tried to eat but still couldn't.
Got home, we had Levi's birthday party to go to at 4 so I gave Gabe a bath, got him dressed and we were ready to go. 
And BAM...
Throw up...all over.
Back in the bath... and I had to get in the shower...
We didn't make it to Levi's party..:o(

That night I let Gabe sleep in my bed, and all night he woke up crying and moaning
just as I was thinking what I was going to do if he threw up...
BARF... comes flying out of him. 

I get up clean him up..
change my clothes...
take off the sheets..
Put on new sheets..
lay back down. 
Gabe is still crying though... not good...
and
BARF 

So I get up clean up Gabe..
Change my clothes..
Take Gabe to the living room.. he wanted to lay on the recliner..
I go change the sheets again..
go to get Gabe and he is passed out asleep.
I get him a blanket and myself a blanket and I slept on the couch.
Thankfully he didn't wake up again.

Thankfully he didn't throw up at all yesterday and so far today he has been good. Still nasty poops but I think he is on the mend.
I have cleaned, disinfected, lysoled, fabreezed, gladed, fabulosoed and more to my house.
I want these demon germs out NOW!!! And I want my hubby home...:o(
Photobucket





Comments