Skip to main content

Letting Go

Gabe has his first field trip today! He's going all the way to tucson ekkkk and Im an anxiety attack waiting to happen! 
I was going to go with him but I decided that I need to let him go do this on his own. Yet the crazy thoughts are still in my head, everything bad that could possibly go wrong. An hour drive seems like eternity when it comes to your child! 

I wish somebody would have told me how overwhelming this whole first year of school can be. He is 3 months into school and I still want to cry everytime I watch him walk towards the school, or when his teacher said "enjoy KINDERGARDEN it flys by". I want to bawl even when I think about the end of the school year. Everything is so different now that he is in school. It has made me realize that I need to appreciate my time with my girls while I still have them at home. Suddenly everything doesn't seem so overwhelming, instead it's easier to cope with Juliana's drama and her constant need for attention. 

If you have toddlers or preschoolers just enjoy them, soak in every single day that they are home with you, no matter how many cups of milk they spill or how many times they pee on your floor. It is true when they say it is such a short time. 
Excuse me while I go bawl my eyes out now. 

Ps- I tried to get the vet to put a microchip in the kids, they didn't think it was appropriate. Apparently finding a dog if it gets lost is necessary but a Child not so much. Our country's priorities are a little whack ! 😜
I opted for a note in his pocket instead with my number on it... I will work on the chip thing more later. 

Comments