Skip to main content

Thirty Is My Time!

I turned 30! Yes, I say that with SO much excitement! I have NEVER seen 30 as a bad age. There is NOTHING negative about it.
 
Here are some completely random lessons that I have learned through the years:
My 20's were great, I met my husband, got married, had 3 babies, re-found my love for Jesus (The Lord and Savior, not the Mexican who does our yard work) and learned many, many, many....many lessons along the way. My 20's were a huge learning time for me. I learned who I really am, who I want to be, how to love in a genuine way, how to be a friend, a mom and a wife. All of these things I learned but I also am still working on. I learned that people come and go in our lives, and that's ok! I learned that people are not going to act the way we think they should. People are going to let us down in huge ways unfortunately. Yet, there are people who will come through for you in huge ways too, who will teach you how to love in immeasurable ways, who will teach you how to let go and not fret the petty stuff. Those people who make you want to be better and do better everyday. I have learned that prayer works, and that God will always come through for you even if it's not in the way you had planned. I have learned that God WILL put people in your life for a purpose, good or bad. Lesson's are often learned by failing, but failing does not mean it wasn't meant to be. I have learned patience (Praise the Lord for that one!) accountability, how to be nice to strangers (Brooke you know how hard that one was for me!) even when they don't deserve it. I have learned to slow down my days, to not overfill my calendar, more is not always better. I have learned to be content in all things, in friendships, in my house, in the fact that I'm not good at A LOT of things that I really thought I would be. I have learned that I can't drink like I used to, and that I don't want to ;oP. I have learned that a messy house is a fun house (Jorge will disagree), that family time is the most important time.
 
That my kids are my ministry right now, no matter how bad I want it to be something bigger and more amazing, they are the biggest and most awesome ministry I will ever have. I have learned that when people are mean, angry, hateful, negative, hurtful there is usually a reason behind it and those are the people who need the most love. A smile goes a long way, even if the person doesn't smile back and looks at you like you're crazy. I have learned that I wave at random people ALL. THE. TIME. so much so that my chiropractor told me he just assumed that I knew a lot of people (the truth is, I am always mistaking friends cars for strangers) I have learned that we are all human, we all mess up from time to time and no one person should be held at a higher standard then another, no matter their position. It's not our job to judge, it's our job to love. Have the heart of a child, don't lose your fun and spunk. When you find something you love, work at it, perfect it and then use it in positive ways. Own your God given gifts. Embrace your beauty inside and out. Don't determine your worth based on someone else. Be thankful. Be grateful. Be graceful. Be merciful. Be forgiving. Embrace your beauty, inside and out.
 
All of these lessons and so many more are the foundation of who I have become through my 20's. I'm excited about my 30's because it's my opportunity to strengthen my weaknesses, to perfect my lessons learned, to grow relationships further and deeper. And ultimately to become more Christ-like to give friends, families and strangers a desire to get to know God. In all things to glorify God.
A friend gave me a bracelet that says "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31
That is fully my intention for my 30's.
 
I will say that while I was going through changes in my 20's I was scared that I would lose friends or that people wouldn't understand. Instead, God weeded out those people through the years that weren't meant to be on this journey with me and he filled me with God loving women and men. If you are in a time of change just have patience, pray a lot, because God knows what He is doing.
 
Sorry this was WAY random. Just the flow of thoughts for the day.
 
P.S. I have learned to accept Purple as a color, but still not as a flavor.  

Comments