Skip to main content

Wedded Bliss

This past weekend we Jorge's best friend got married, so he was a groomsmen in the wedding. We got to stay at a beautiful resort in the hills of Fountain Hills, surrounded by gorgeous, ridiculously huge homes. Unfortunately, Gabe threw up all night Thursday night and all day Friday. By Saturday he wasn't as sick, but he was still tired and obviously not feeling well. My sweet niece came to stay with the kids so that we could go join in all of the wedding fun.

I just love weddings! I love the love, I love the newness of it all, I love daydreaming about what the newly~weds lives will be like now that its really all beginning for them. You can see the love in their eyes and how excited they are to get their lives started together. You can also see the relief and the exhaustion in the bride and grooms eyes, as exciting as planning a wedding can be it is equally as exhausting. Yet, to have all of your loved ones share in your day of love and commitment is so well worth it.
 
I didn't get to spend much of the weekend with Jorge which was a major bummer for me, being that on Valentines Day we found out that he had to leave again on Monday {today}. Having Jorge home even just for a week was a huge load off of my shoulders. He did everything for the kids all week, he got up with them in the mornings, fed them, bathed them, changed them, played with them, disciplined them and so on. He did all of the things that he normally does but what I have been doing alone since he has been gone. I was able to appreciate all of those things he does so much more because I have missed the help so much. As tight as I tried to hold on to him so that he wouldn't go again, I had to let go at some point. I attempted kidnapping, and I tried negotiating with him. Moving to Mexico and selling taquitos is actually the ideal plan for me.. but he didn't go for it. So he left us again this morning and is on a plane to Dubai as I write this.
 
After the long weekend we had and Gabe being sick and then Juliana getting sick all night Sat night and Sunday, I am pooped. My house is a disaster, I'm in my PJ's, I'm pretty sure I don't know where Juliana is and yes its possible that I am sulking. But one day of relaxing and missing my husband is ok. I'm going to make the most of the time he is gone, but day 1 sometimes feels like an eternity.
 
I hope everyone had a great weekend and that you can all enjoy your week ahead!
 
 
 
Photobucket
 

Comments