Skip to main content

School Time Blue's...

So as many of you know I am taking my last two classes to be done with my associates degree! Yay! I am so excited! One of the classes is a 5 week class and the other is a full 16 week semester. The 5 week class is a Sociology class and I went into it so gung ho! I have been getting 100%'s on all of my essays and 90%'s on all of my quizzes. I have a 95% in the class right now, but I am losing my interest and am so over it! It has been so much work over the last 4 weeks.

I have one week left and I am so not into it. I always do this, at the end of a class I start to slack off. I am trying really hard not to though! It is really important that I get an A in this class, for me. I have a 3.5 right now and was asked by Pima to join the honors program, unfortunately I transferred to Cochise so I can't join Pima anymore. I am just so happy that I am going to be done with my associates finally!!

I started college straight out of High School, I thought I wanted to be an architect but after 2 semesters I decided no. Then I thought a business degree would be useful, but I was quickly turned off by it, booooorrrringggg. It is a good thing that I took a business class though because that's where Jorge and I met! So I took some time off of school to try to figure out what I really wanted to do and while living in Tucson I realized the only thing that has always had my interest was Criminal Justice. Everything about it fascinates me.

So I started taking classes and realized it was the right degree for me. The day I found out I was pregnant with Gabe Jorge was not home yet and I had to go to class. I had to take a final in my math class! It was sooo hard to focus when I just wanted to tell Jorge the good news so bad! I went to school all the way up until I had Gabe. After I had him I took 3 semesters off! I don't regret it though because everything worked out. If I had kept going to Pima I would have had to take 5 more classes. But at Cochise I only had to take 2 classes!

 It has taken me 8 years to finally finish, but I feel like I appreciate my schooling more now and I learned so much more in my old age then I did in my younger days. I thought I would be embarrassed to say I was finally getting my associates... 8 years later.. but I'm not! I'm proud of myself for finishing it and hopefully I will be able to start on my Bachelors soon and get it done in less than 8 years! December Graduation Here I come!
Photobucket

Comments